Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Simulacra - Version 4.27

A collection of simulacra that occurred in nature.

Terry from Massachusetts dug this and wrote: “This afternoon I drove by this incredible headstone. It appears to be just a random pattern of lichen. It had rained earlier in the day, which I think darkened the lichen, thereby enhancing the effect. What I find most amusing about it is that the eye of the skull is created by the original carving on the stone, which appears to be a small terrier.”


Believe it... or Not! Cowpiezzzz in Northwest Wisconsin told us: “I saw this guy staring up at me from the ice in my driveway. The only thing is, I’m not sure if it is a skull or if it is a portrait of Jack Palance”


Tina R in White City, Oregon sounded the horn for us: “I walked out on my porch early morning, and this is the water mark stain left from the fog.”


C-munged Freud says:

Sometimes a skull is just a skull. I always love this part of the week seeing all the skulls that we find in our everyday living. I think one could believe that the spirits are at work in Massachusetts. A skull or Jack Palance... Curly’s Gold couldn't help him now. Good thing you went out after the Fog- it looks like it was that kind that kind of fog that movies are made about. Thank you all for taking the time to submit your finds.

Keep sending those pictures in to our submissions address. Just keep in mind that since we only post simulacra once a week it might take a little longer than normal for it to be posted.

No comments: